ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and completes new hire inquiries and scans documentation once finalized.
- Evaluates the qualifications and credentials of prospective adjunct instructors for teaching a variety of disciplines.
- Screens and interviews candidates for adjunct instructor positions.
- Assists in maintenance of the database of prospective adjunct candidates.
- Develops and maintains a candidate pool in the database for all approved adjunct candidates.
- Collaborates with deans, assistant dean and program directors on approval process for selected adjunct candidates.
- Collaborates with Senior Adjunct Specialist for onboarding newly hired adjunct instructors.
- Complies with all State and Federal regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or teacher education.
- Advanced degree in teacher education preferred.
- Experience in higher education a plus.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties will be considered.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must communicate effectively in a professional manner with a diverse population.
- Ability to multi-task and must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both on a team and independently.
- Should demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft software including ability to use Excel spreadsheets.
To apply please forward a letter of interest, your resume, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references to:
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.