Accountant- A fast-paced growth oriented company who is seeking motivated individuals. We are an established 30 year old Company with a solid reputation for quality customer care and responsiveness throughout Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Job assignments will range from being responsible for processing biweekly payrolls an preparation of related reports including OT, HAS, OH WC, 401K, etc. Reviews and calculates year end payroll items including W-2 review. Performs general ledger entries and reconciliations including bank reconciliations. Provides monthly financial statements and accounting support for related companies. Reviews A/P and processes payments as well. Maintains confidentiality of all payroll information.
*Job Duties: (Including, but not limited to)
- Prepare statistical reports; prepare analyses and other financial reports.
- Lead accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to keep transactions and work flow current.
- Prepare supporting documentation and journal entries as required for month end close.
- Prepare account reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Coordinate accounting matters and participate in process development with other departments and employees.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls o opposite weeks. Key hours, upload pay data batches, pull time cards, and enter any special items (Manual checks, adjustments…)
- Preform Bank reconciliations. Make closing GL entries as needed. Update and review Resources accounts. Perform Bi-weekly check review. Determine if use sales tax needs to be paid. Coed and enter invoices.
- Make phone calls for late accounts receivables.
- Participates in company functions and events.
- Uphold all company policies, procedures and safety policies.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. And the ability to interact with people at all levels and functions inside and outside of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving ability.
- People skills, customer oriented, positive attitude and team participation.
- Exceptional organization skills are required with emphasis on attention to details.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and adapt within a rapidly changing environmeny.
- Strong multi tasking skills.
- Ability to react well under pressure.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Must be reliable and on time.
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team.
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
- Attend networking events or business functions.
- Base Salary
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Laptop
- Insurance Benefits available after 90 days
- 2 Company Logo shirts
- Business Cards
Job Type: Full-time
- quickbooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Steubenville, OH (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)